Everybody struggles with weight loss and keeping it off. The following interview with Sara Wells, nutrition editor of Fitness Magazine provides helpful tips and tweaks that you can make to your diet in order to lose weight. Dieting temporarily may help you lose weight and see a change in your appearance, but it’s making a lifestyle change that will allow you to keep it off permanently.
- You need to make lifestyle changes to lose the weight and keep it off.
- Get 25% of your daily calories from protein. It will keep you from snacking and overeating. You can eat chicken, fish, lean beef, low fat dairy, beans, and nuts.
- Scale back on the high calorie items you are consuming. For example, instead of a caramel macchiato, have coffee with skim milk.
- Eating fiber prevents you from overeating.
- When eating out, try to leave 3 generous bites on your plate to minimize portions.