Since one of the main focuses of this blog is nutrition, it is important to keep in mind the basic rules to abide by when trying to lose weight in a healthy manner. Cindy Whitmarsh of CindyWhitmarshFitness.com helps us out with this by laying out the basic guidelines of what to cut out of your diet in order to see results.
- Sodium leads to bloating, completely cut it out of your diet. Be aware of nutrition labels and how much you are consuming; stay under 1,000 mg per day.
- Don’t eat any processed food (avoid food in bags and boxes)
- Cut out extra sauces, like mayonnaise and butter
- Eat protein, fruit, and vegetables
- Before your workout drink green tea or black coffee to give you a spike in your workout
- Drink a gallon of water a day
- Work out for an hour a day, rotate between cardio, interval training, and strength training